Are you looking for ways to serve our community? Then you’ve found the right people! Check out our highlights below and fill out the form at the bottom of this page to get connected to our SERVE team leaders.
Caleb’s Closet’s Free Clothing Program is Lea Counties largest free clothing program, providing warm clothes, interview apparel or workwear, and children’s clothing to homeless and low-income families and individuals.
The Free Clothing Program at a glance:
- More than $300,000 in clothing donations from individuals and corporate partners per year and nearly 200 volunteer hours each month
- 7000 pieces of new and like-new clothing distributed for free to nearly 2000 guests each year (including more than 250 children)
The average family spends $1800 on clothing and $400 on shoes each year (Bureau of Labor Statistics 2017). For low-income or single parents struggling to pay rent while covering healthcare costs and other critical bills, a clothing budget may be nonexistent.
“We will not ask you to wear it, if we would not wear it.”
Donations of clean, like-new clothing and financial gifts make this program possible. We offer a convenient curbside donation drop-off in front of our building every day of the year. Critical clothing needs are:
- New in the package Underwear (for men, women, and children)
- Coats and jackets (for men, women, and children)
- Pants, especially jeans (for men and boys)
- New in the pack Socks (for men, women, and children)
- XL clothing (for men and women)
- Baby clothes
- Children’s clothes